As a Manager and a Leader, it is important that you check in regularly and consistently on your staff and make sure they're taken care of.
Here are 5 Ways to Start Supporting Your Staff on a Deeper Level.
- Start with the Foundation: Providing a safe (physical or virtual) working environment requires observing and communicating with the people you work with each day. Take some time to get to know your staff by expressing interest in their well-being, family, and professional pursuits. Speak to each staff member each day via in person, phone, or email (if possible).
- Promote Engagement: Encourage engagement from your staff by sending out a ‘Question of the Day or Week’, or a Motivation Quote, or create a system that enables your staff to anonymously submit professional topics they would like to talk about. Creating a communication channel enables your staff to open up and be authentic. It also demonstrates that you value their input.
- Mental Breaks: Within the constraints of your work policies, offer your staff as much flexibility as you can, inquire if people may need time off to care for sick loved ones or for their own mental health. This may involve documentation and approval however it is usually less costly to enable an employee to take some time now than to lose a valued staff member.
- Lead from the Front: Communicate in an effective and positive manner. When you exhibit a level of calm, poise, and adaptability, it will help your staff feel more comfortable and at ease. It’s a social concept that when the Manager has everything (or appears to have everything) under control and exhibits an approachable, work-it-out kind of attitude; values and treats their staff with respect, employees are calmer and less stressed at work.
- Birthdays: Sounds simple right. Make a list of all your staff members and their birthday with reminders in your phone, computer, or your admin’s system. Send an email or a tangible birthday card to each staff member on their birthday. Truth be told, it may be the ONLY birthday card/wishes that person gets.
During these unprecedented times it's important to let others know they are heard, valued, cared for, and appreciated!
What difference will you make today? Hit me up on Facebook and let me know how you support your staff: https://www.facebook.com/APlatinumResume/
Click here to grab your FREE Career Planning Mapping Worksheet: https://www.karavarner.com/career-mapping-worksheet-lm
Do you need to update your resume or create a new resume? Contact us to have your resume created for you – www.aplatinumresume.com
Want to learn how to write your own resume from scratch? Sign up for the upcoming “How to Write Your Own Resume in a Weekend Course” here:
Considering going into business for yourself: Check out: https://www.karavarner.com/resume-business-starter-course-wait-list and get your FREE Biz Planning Guide.