Imagine a commute that only took 5 - maybe 10 minutes, if you stopped at the Keurig to make a cup of coffee before heading into your home office? It is estimated that 70% of professionals across the globe work remotely at least one day a week. Some are full time!
Some companies will absolutely not let you work from home, and there are some industries and occupations that do no enable you work from home to include law enforcement, health care, emergency responders, etc.
What are some of the benefits of remote work?
- There are even co-working spaces that enable you to somewhat socialize, while still working.
- If you are not feeling your best, or need to care for a family member, you can still get work done.
- Scheduling - domestic chores, contractor appointments, and family support burdens may be eased by a shorter commute.
- Family time may increase due to a shortened commute.
- You may be able to travel - see the world - while working and earning a paycheck.