When the end of the interview is nearing and the inevitable question is asked, “So, do you have any questions for us?” be ready.
Here are 20 questions for you to consider asking - not all will apply - so select what works for you.
1. What would I be doing on a typical work day?
2. What are the most immediate projects that need to be addressed?
3. What are the most important things you’d like to see someone accomplish in the first 30, 60, and 90 days in this position?
4. What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position might face?
5. Is this a new role that has been created?
6. What are the skills and experiences you’re looking for in an ideal candidate?
7. What attributes do you feel someone needs to have in order to be really successful in this position?
8. How will I be trained?
9. What types of positions within the company have successful employees previously in this position progressed to?
10. How long have you been with the company?
11. Has your role changed since you've been here?
12. What’s your favorite part about working here?
13. What gets you most excited about the company's future?
14. I've read about the company's founding/origination/history - can you tell me more about ______________?
15. What can you tell me about your new products, services, or plans for expansion?
16. Can you tell me about my direct reports - Strengths & Challenges?
17.How would you describe the work environment here - is the culture typically collaborative or more independent?
18. What are the next steps in the interview process?
19. Is there anything else I can provide you with that would be helpful in your decision making process?
20. Can I answer any final questions for you?
I would love to hear from you - email me your most ‘interesting’ or ‘unusual’ interview questions that you either have received or asked!